Airaid has just added the 5th Generation Mustang (2005-2009) to the long list of cars and trucks they manufacture horsepower-boosting aftermarket intake systems for!
What does this mean for you, the proud modern muscle car owner?
It means you now have a highly affordable way to add up to 20 horsepower to your 4L V6 (seen here) – or 4.6L V8 GT (found here) without doing any other expensive upgrades. This is one of the easiest changes you can make to your 5th Gen.
No cutting or drilling is necessary. The Airaid kits are made to work flawlessly with the stock under-hood hardware. All you’ll need to install the kit is a flathead screwdriver and a light-duty socket (or wrench) set.
Compliments future performance upgrades
A high-flow intake system will be necessary if you decide to upgrade your exhaust or install/upgrade your car’s turbo.
Note: We also recommend installing a throttle body spacer from Airaid along with your intake to further maximize the airflow to your engine.
Special edition releases included
If you’re driving a special edition, such as the 07-09′ Shelby GT, Airaid has you covered there too. As with all other Airaid intake systems, you won’t have to make any permanent changes to your classic Mustang. See here for more product details.
Airaid intake systems are known for the following features:
- Large diameter, mandrel bent tubing.
- Adds serious “eye candy” under the hood.
- Choice between oiled and non-oiled filter element.
- 100% washable.
- Filtration to 2 microns (up to 40x better than most OEM filters).
- User friendly installation, typically in 30 minutes or less.
- Up to 20% improvement in air flow over factory air box.
- Easy to gain up to 20hp without extra modifications.
- Improved fuel economy.
- No irreversible alterations are needed (i.e., can be removed when selling vehicle).
- Lifetime no-hassle warranty.
Let your “Stang” breathe
Go ahead and treat your baby to a new set of lungs!
Don’t forget to leave your comments down below. Autopartstoys wants to hear from all of you!
Our Social Pages –
Facebook Page – https://web.facebook.com/autopartstoys
Twitter – https://twitter.com/autopartstoys